If you have a cell phone with the Android operating system, use the download instructions below.
- Download a ringtone file (MP3 format) to a directory of your choosing on your computer.
Sync to phone
- Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Set the phone to connect as a Disk Drive. Note: If you are not prompted to "Mount as disk drive," check the Android Status Bar and click the USB connection type. Choose "Disk drive – Mount as disk drive" as your connection type.
- On your Desktop, click "My Computer" and find the disk drive associated with your Android phone. Note: If you see a separate drive for your SD Card, you may use either drive.
- Open the drive and look for a folder labeled "ringtones." If it does not exist, create one now.
- Drag the MP3 file to the "ringtones" folder.
- Safely remove the phone (using "Safely Remove Hardware" for PC or the eject button for Mac) and physically disconnect it to complete the transfer.
- Set as ringtone
- On your phone, open Settings | Sound & Display | Phone Ringtone, and choose your new ringtone! (It will have the same name as the MP3 file.) This will set your default ringtone. To assign a ringtone to a contact, follow your phone's instructions.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.